Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Which Tree

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes

They're lovely, and I'd like one, but...

They need an acid soil, and IIRC, lots of water. Builders' rubble tends
to the alkaline.

No they don't ! I have an arbutus in my garden, chalk, flint and clay
but def. NOT acid. Done so well it's outgrown it's place at the back of
a border between my flowers and my veg.!

Very rarely gets watered as it's up the back,

Unedo plant psychologist!

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig