Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Salvaging - A Closer Look

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:40:36 -0700, Billy
wrote:

What is that old story about a Southern Baptist can't be happy because
they know somewhere someone is having a good time?

Heh heh.....aint' that the truth.

Ah, good to see you up and around junger. Miss yo crusty ol' ass.

Oh, I know there is a lot of bad things goin' on at every second but O
try to think about the sweetness, and the happiness, and the tenderness
that is happening as I wake up, have lunch, and while I sleep. We got to
get rid of that crap, and you know who is at the head of my list.

Two hundred years from now, if there is anybody left, they'll look back
and be amazed how superstitious and ignorant we were.

Yet....superstition, religion, science and all aside.....it all comes
down to one unanswerable question....and that is....from whence came
matter? There is no reason that there should be *anything*, eh? From
whence comes anything? There is no logically explainable anything that
explains this. Meant to drive us crazy and kill one another, I
suppose.

Perhaps Alan Watts was right. Maybe we are simply god playing hide and
seek with himself.

Did you ever have occasion to cross with him?

No, but I had one of his classmates for a philosophy instructor, lo
these many years ago, Pierre Grimes. He was a gooden too.

But screw the old "dark underbelly of forestry". How is your garden
coming along. Sometimes I really envy you flat land people. Plenty warm
here today. The weather guesser said it got to 92F. Felt hotter.
Tomorrow we are supposed to break the century mark. Got my spray nozzel
out and I'm misting the vegetation every couple of hours. Wearing a long
sleeve white shirt, shorts, and a straw hat. Occasionally, I shot the
water straight up. Cheap thrills;o)

Sheet mon, sounds like you be dresson' like one o' them hippie farmer
types. Bet you even wear them hippie sandals, eh brother! ;-)

Birkenstocks? I'm in California man, what do you expect me to be
wearing? I'm still of the opinion that clothes are optional. If people
don't like what they see, they shouldn't look.

It was a hot bitch here in the flatlands today...97F and 60%
humid.....I;ve been out doing the garden by headlamp, avoiding the
heat. Had to water most of the pots (that is containers, as in
container gardening, Dumbass Staples, not watering the *dope*) three
times today. Counted them and we have 72 containers.

I did three waterings (well one watering and two mistings) today. Wicked
heat, the little plants can't take it.

Down to my last hand full of blueberries. Getting a few pretty nice
strawberries. The squash is a couple of days away from eating and I'm
trying to figure out haw to speed up the "Golden Bantam" sweet corn.

Got my other eye-ball done on Thursday. Gotta get me some reading
glasses tomorrow. The newspaper is just frustrating. I have a reading
glass but it is awkward to use while reading a newspaper and drinking a
cup of coffee. Then of course there is all the nekked women running
around, and the darn hookah keeps getting knocked over, and I keep
losing the cork to my breakfast, but I insist on cooking my eggs in real
butter;o))

Oh baby...eggs in butter simply don't get no better!!!

Then I fold in a little onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, kalamata
olives, a slice of cheedar, a little smoked pig or turkey, and some of
Mrs. Renfro's green salsa inside and out with some toasted french bread
on the side, and serve it up with a glass of Two Buck Chuck and call it
brunch (I dump way too much glycogen in the morning to do it any
earlier). Then with any luck I garden. If not, I get a much deserved nap.

Speaking of newspapers, The KC Star just discontinued delivery to our
area and laid off a shitload of employees. Speaks for itself. Des
Moines no longer brings down either and talk is that Omaha is
considering.

I almost wish that the local fish wrap would fold (NY Times subsidiary:
The Press Democrat). It is strictly infotainment and doesn't explain or
put into context any thing. If anything, it is trying to undermine
our local Representative (Lynn Woolsey) who is doing a damn good job.
This area is very liberal but at least half the letters to the editor
are nut case conservatives. Not conservatives, I repeat, nut case
conservatives who would rather cut off medical and cost of living
benefits to the old, the sick, and the young than talk about raising
taxes. This while insisting that people who keep their yachts out of the
country for three months after buying them, should be charged less than
standard sales tax. Scharzenegger is a jerk. He is no better than "Gray"
Davis, the jerk he replaced.

Assuming the peeper is doing as expected and the kitchen color is now
proper. Whadda ya' think....are ye as handsome as you last remember?
And I bet Lovey is even Lovlier......

Wines start out fruity, which they lose with age but in the process
develop a more complex bouquet. I was having trouble with my sight. My
taste has always been good. And you know, I know she has gotten older
but I still see the girl I fell in love with.

Ain't nothing better than the morning paper, a proper cup of coffee
from a copper coffee pot, and eggs done in butter....after a
wine-filled-hookah appetizer, of course. Poor old republican staples
is wound too tight.

Well, at least I'm out of bed by 7 AM most days. T'was a time it was
more like noon and all my appetites were satiated. Every age is
different.

Some things money can't buy, true love, and home grown tomatoes.

Amen Bruddah... ;-)

and Halleluja . . .;o))

Peace, Love and Don Staples
Charlie

Ah yes, the eternal dualism. Can't have an up without the down.

Good talkin' with you junger.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars