Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Spelling and lavender offer

I have at last reached official grumpy old bat status. i was sent an
email by the daily telegraph today about lavenders on special offer and
it read
"Dear Mrs Tweedy,

The wet weather may have you thinking otherwise, but we are
actually in the full throws of summer and now is the perfect
time to make the most of your garden."

I was tempted for at least a minute to email them back pointing out the
correct spelling of "throes"!!

Apart from which they have three lavenders

Lavender Blue Ice A cool, crisp paler bloom, giving a frosty looking
blue flower.

Lavender Melissa Lilac Large, lilac flower spikes gracefully sit above
silvery, slender foliage.

Lavender Hidcote An RHS Award of Garden Merit winner, this plant
features narrow, grey green leaves, compact growth and the deepest
blue-purple blooms.

And they expect you to buy two of each for a bargain price.
Is it me and my obsessive propagation but why would I ever want to buy
two of a plant that i could easily get 15 from by the end of September?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph