Old 08-07-2008, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Glypthosate dangers

The message
from "Emrys Davies" contains these words:

I know how glyphosate works on a plant and the soil but I am wondering
if it is safe in the following circumstances:

If it is applied to weeds on concrete paths, allowed to completely dry
and then it rains is there a danger that the residue can then be carried
on shoes onto grassed areas and thus cause damage?

No. Once in the soil it becomes locked-in and harmless.

Incidentally, on the Farming Programme recently (IIRC) I heard a farmer
refer to it repeatedly as 'glyphosphate'...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig