Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Mystery plant ID

On 8/7/08 16:59, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

The person enquiring about it lives in
Oxford so I can't see it being too happy there. What do you think?

Well it's essentially a maritime plant most often seen in the west
where it is milder. It would not cope with prolonged freezes and wet
soil so it's unlikely to take to Oxfordshire unless grown in a scree-
like environment with a mulch of grit around the crown. I wouldn't
describe it as especially tender, but it does prefer a combination of
dryness around the crown with access to moisture.

I've passed this sort of information on so now it's up to her.
Unfortunately, we can't supply it so if she does get it, I hope it works for
her.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com