Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Mystery plant ID

Sacha writes
On 7/7/08 18:15, in article , "K"
wrote:

It's amazing you say this and has interested me so much. When Ray was
trying to remember the name I said "Chatham Island forget me not', even
though I knew this wasn't it. I thought it might just prod his memory into
action but it only produced a hiccup of recollection! As soon as you and
David wrote Mertensia I told Ray and of course, memory being what it is, he
said "That's IT". So annoying to have lost his plants some time ago but it
does look such a pretty thing. The person enquiring about it lives in
Oxford so I can't see it being too happy there. What do you think?

It's habitat is coastal shingle. So you'd need to be able to replicate
that.
--
Kay