Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Everlasting Perrenial Everlasting Sweet Peas Seeds in the UKbest in UK?

Bob Hobden writes

"Sacha" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Samantha wrote
Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I see them out and about all the time, can't miss those bright pink
coloured
flowers in the hedgerows, just collect some seed yourself.

Um.....isn't that illegal - strictly speaking, of course?

I thought it was only illegal if it was a protected species, or are all wild
flowers protected these days?

You're allowed to collect 'the four F's' - flowers, fruit, fungi, and
(IIRC) foliage, provided they are for personal use and not for sale, and
provided you have permission to be there (so along a public right of way
is OK, picking mushrooms from a farm field is not, unless you have the
farmer's permission)

Protected species are sufficiently rare for you to be unlikely to come
across them (and most of them seem to be small and inconspicuous).

Bluebells have some specific legislation preventing people taking bulbs
from the wild and selling them.
--
Kay