Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Which Tree

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:
| I've got a very pretty Buddleia alternifolia, it is grown as a tree,
| quite small but airy and is covered in honey scented little lilac
| coloured flowers along it's branches in June. Growth is sort of
| weeping/scared to death but it is always commented on.
|
| See here for a picture
| http://www.waterperrygardens.co.uk/s...s.php?plant=44

I had an alternifolia, but it died :-(

That was because my front garden had/has some kind of nasty fungus that
caused root-rot and death - of about half a dozen completely unrelated
plants. And, no, it was/is NOT honey fungus. My current buddleia is
alive, but it was only a cutting and I am not betting on it being long-
lived.

Yes, B. alternifolia is very nice - less blowsy than B. davidii, but
equally tough and easy to care for.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.