Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default OT Frogs

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:35:28 EDT, ~ jan wrote:

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:41:04 EDT, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

So I'm watering the plants, and I see these two guys.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...l062008015.jpg
Galen Hekhuis

Those are the cutest pot sitters I've ever seen. The pot is inside the
house? Do you think mosquitoes might be attracted to the water and that's
what they're living on?

The two in the picture are in a pot on my screened in front porch.
It's mostly bug-free out there but I imagine there are enough to keep
the frogs in business. I've got about 10 pots hanging out there and
usually there is a frog in about half of the pots whenever I water,
but like I say, this is the first time I've seen two in a pot. I've
got about 20 of those kinds of pots inside, but only one frog that
I've seen. The frog has been there for months, I started seeing it in
late February and it is still around. I use crushed up mosquito dunks
in the pots, but I've never had any mosquitoes in them. Doesn't seem
to bother the frogs at all.

Galen Hekhuis