Old 09-07-2008, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie Bobbie is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bobbie" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Gordon H" wrote in message
Hello folks, I am Gordon, age 74, widowed 13 years, living on the
outskirts of Manchester.
Three grown children, son in Australia, daughter in California, elder
daughter a few miles away from here.
Three grandchildren spread around the world. ;-)

mostly it has been planned as low-maintenance as I have grown older,
with shrubs and perennials as I have become ancient.
74 isn't ancient!
.
I have forgotten most of what I once knew!
No, it's all still in there. Your memory is perfect, like mine.

The retrieval system might be corrupted though :-(

Mary
in Leeds

How true, how true Mary in Leeds, I try to recall something from my
memory and it recedes, then later, when I am not trying to pursue it, up
it pops!

Isn't it amazing, Usually in the middle of the night, that elusive author
or actor or flower name, Latin name of course. wakes you up.
only to go again, just when you want to say it. Tip of the tongue stuff.
I see this is fast becoming off topic, sorry!

No, you NEED the Linnaean name if you're a gardener. Absolutely on-topic.

I keep a paper and pen on the bedside cabinet. Trouble is, I usually
remember those vital things when I'm sitting, erm, somewhere else.

At the moment I'm trying to prepare for our cruise, we've never done
anything like it before and have to make a packing list. I'm very efficient,
the list is on the pc.

Which isn't in the smallest room and which is switched off during the night.

Some new technology is needed - thought transference to electronic
recording. In the next two weeks, please.

Mary
Bobbie.

Ashamed to admit, I had to look that one up: Linnaean?
"A taxonomic category of related organisms ranking below a subclass and
above an order".
Actually I was none the wiser but further reading, convinced me I was
vastly out of touch:
"Current systems of classifying forms of life descend from the thought
presented by the Greek philosopher Aristotle"
LOL.
Could we stick to common-or-garden names please.g

Bobbie