Old 09-07-2008, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Gordon H" wrote

Three grandchildren spread around the world. ;-)

That sounds unfortunate.

In some respects, yes, but I have avoided baby-sitting chores.

What's more, the novelty soon wears off.

Mary
whose ten grandchildren range from 23 to 2 yo.

8-)

My neighbour has four, ages from 22 to about 8, and she has done more than
her share. Of course two of them are now at the 'useful' age, her
grandson cleaned our gutters out last year, my wooden ladders are too
heavy for me now.

We got rid of those years ago, aluminium is much lighter than wood, doesn't
rot if left outside and last for ever, seemingly.

Yes, big (ours are all several inches taller than us) grandsons can be very
useful. Even better is when they come round and ask if there are any jobs
they can do? Doesn't happen often but we do try to oblige :-)

Mary
--
Gordon H