Old 09-07-2008, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Conifer hedge - dead patches - aphids?

Spider wrote:

I believe that the fungal disease Phythophthera can also be a probem with
evergreens. Indeed, I believe that may be the problem my Cryptomeria has.
I don't know if there's a remedy available to amateur gardeners at the
moment.

Spider, we are using Aliette Express (from Rhone-Poulenc) to treat
phythophthera,
which can also attack maples. I don't know what the commercial name is in
the uk, but I'd give a soil drench a try for the cryptomeria.

Good luck,

-E