Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Yucca? What to do with flower stem.

On 9/7/08 17:24, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 7/7/08 17:37, in article
, "Spider"
wrote:

snip
Thank you! That is so kind of you. We come *fairly* close to you once or
twice a year. I'll have a chat with the husband thingy and see if he can
fit in a diversion. In the meantime, don't hang on to one specially if
you
have other takers. I know what it's like to offer a plant .. feel the
obligation to hold one back .. then never see the object of that offer
again. If we can call on you, I'll phone first so we both know where we
are.

I am grateful for your offer, whatever happens, and will contact you in
due
course.

Spider

Good to see you back, Spider. Assuming, of course, that you're the same
arachnid. ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Very much the same Spider, thank you, Sacha. I crawled out from under a
stone recently and decided to inflict myself on you all again! I've been
enjoying the Weigela corraensis (sp?) you gave me, plus my purchases from
your nursery, including a Lythrum salicaria 'Gipsy Blood' currently in
flower. If only the rain would stop, I could watch the bees enjoying it.

Glad the Weigela is flourishing. I think that W. coraeensis might almost be
my favourite plant - the different coloured flowers on the one plant are so
lovely. Ours in the car park border must be about 8' to 10' tall and wide
now. It's a gorgeous thing.

I have recently acquired a new plant and would like to quiz you on it, if I
may, but I'll start a new thread rather than add it here. I'll also
introduce myself, as I see there are many new posters since I left.

See Ray's response above which he hopes is helpful to you.

Thanks for the cheery welcome. Richard says hello.

And to him. It's good to see you here.