Old 09-07-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie Bobbie is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bobbie" wrote in message

I don't suppose you know how to keep a daft chicken out of the kitchen?

Keep the door closed or put up a barrier. I keep them out of the greenhouse
when I leave the door open by putting a piece of glass across the opening.
It could be a piece of wood or some netting, they get the message.

Mary

I keep chickens Mary. Only a few but Biddy is a speckled hen that we
rescued. She was more or less a family pet and spent a lot of time in
the house. Although my hens are free range, they don't tend to come near
the house. Biddy on the other hand has proven that no barrier is too
much. She lies in wait....gg Even Benji the dog who normally ignores
her, gets fed up with her cosying up.I love her to bits but she will lay
her eggs anywhere, and each day is like Easter. Hunt the egg.
It puts her at risk too from critters.
I had hope there was something like, dare I say, salt on the tail?

Bobbie.