Old 09-07-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

"Bobbie" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bobbie" wrote in message

I don't suppose you know how to keep a daft chicken out of the kitchen?

Keep the door closed or put up a barrier. I keep them out of the
greenhouse when I leave the door open by putting a piece of glass across
the opening. It could be a piece of wood or some netting, they get the
message.

Mary

I keep chickens Mary. Only a few but Biddy is a speckled hen that we
rescued. She was more or less a family pet and spent a lot of time in the
house. Although my hens are free range, they don't tend to come near the
house. Biddy on the other hand has proven that no barrier is too much. She
lies in wait....gg Even Benji the dog who normally ignores her, gets fed
up with her cosying up.I love her to bits but she will lay her eggs
anywhere, and each day is like Easter. Hunt the egg.
It puts her at risk too from critters.
I had hope there was something like, dare I say, salt on the tail?

That's slugs!

A sufficient barrier will keep out the most persisten pest :-)

Even children.

Mary