Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Yucca? What to do with flower stem.

I can understand why you like it so much. Mine still has very modest
proportions, but growing well. It will take a few years to catch up with
yours. I'll look forward to it.

They seem to me to crack on pretty well. I put one outside the door to
take
to Tresco because they didn't have it. Ray packed another! So the
outside-the-back-door one didn't get taken and it has put on about 4" to
6"
of growth in about 5 weeks, I reckon. It's not a slow 'doer' anyway.
snip

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

(Well and truly snipped.).....

...... that applies to my Weigela as well! I tend to cut out all the
flowered wood to keep it tidy and, I persuade myself, more productive. It's
implicit from what you say that you don't hack at yours like that, so I'll
endeavour to stay my hand and let it put on some growth until it, perhaps,
needs some rejuvenation pruning.

I'll leave the ball in your court, but perhaps we ought to curtail this
thread before our 'down' key wears out! :~)

Spider