Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
BIO-Dex Consulting BIO-Dex Consulting is offline

Default Humic Acid

The solution is on its way... Motzarella should be a necessity of the past
very soon.

Kye.

"Ray B" wrote in message
I don't think it is - not listed, anyway.

By the way. Sorry about the triple post. Another reason to ditch
Motzarella.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Without going out to look at the SuperThrive bottle (lazy girl!), is
humic acid one of the ingredients in that product? I began using ST this
year, and I can't believe the results. They should hire me as a
spokesperson for the stuff. The pbulbs are far stronger and bigger, and
the flowers are more numerous and also larger.

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
Many moons ago, when I was experimenting with developing my own,
better-but-much-cheaper SuperThrive (abandoned, due to EPA regs), I
began using humic acid as an additive to the formulation.

I am quite certain of its benefit in soils, as it helps release
otherwise-sequestered nutrients, but I questioned its applicability to
orchid-growing.

I know this is quite unscientific, but about 4 months ago - just before
the time I had to start mostly "ignoring" my collection due to the
various surgeries I endured - I added a liquid humic acid concentrate to
my fertilizer feed tank, so have been feeding with it (it ends up being
about a teaspoon per gallon), and it "looks" like it may be a "plus"
after all, as I am seeing more growth and blooms than I had been (again
I'll state - it's quite an unscientific assessment).

Anyone else have any thoughts or experience?