Old 10-07-2008, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Spelling and lavender offer

On 10/7/08 13:31, in article ,
"echinosum" wrote:

'Sacha[_3_ Wrote:
;802944']We charge £3.50 for a 2 l pot. Given the work and materials
involved, is
that extortionate?

No, that is a reasonable price. It tends to be a lot more expensive
around here. Which I find odd, because other things which I guess
involved the same work may be rather cheaper.

One of our philosophies here is to keep things at a reasonable price because
we're out in the sticks and it's a good reason for people to come here. And
of course, it does help that we raise the majority of things ourselves so
not as much is spent on buying in as garden centres have to do. And the
other thing is a deliberate policy of keeping it relatively small, so there
are no mortgages on new glasshouses etc. etc. A place near here is part of
a chain and about £3 mill was spent on it a few years ago, since when
business has gone downhill ever since. ;-(

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com