Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

Sacha wrote:

Anyone else had any experience of these wasps?

They have been in the American colonies for a good 30 years; I learned
about them at a beekeeping short course close to 20 years ago. At that
time they said the majority (I forget the percentage) of wasps trapped at a
McDonald's trash bin were Vespula Germanica. And as you say, they are more
aggressive than the native ones (which were likely British imports), as
well as liking the same junk food we do.