Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Gordon H" wrote

My friend Mavis's brother keeps bees, but unfortunately they live on the
East coast. If they were local I would try his honey as a relief for
my hay fever.

It's an old beekeepers' tale. Good for the bekeeper's pocket. But if a
sufferer thinks it works it might :-)

Mary

That's my attitude towards "alternative medicine" - try it by all means,
but keep taking the tablets.

I di buy some local honey, rather expensive at £3.50 per jar, but it
didn't have enough effect to make me pay that price again.

Terry sells his at about £1.50 to friends, and £1.75 to shops, and all
proceeds go to the Methodist church where he is a lay preacher and a
very central figure. At his golden wedding celebration we had a
choice of red or white grape juice, but her other brother Eric and I
managed to sneak out for a pint. :-)
--
Gordon H