Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

"Gordon H" wrote in message

That's my attitude towards "alternative medicine" - try it by all means,
but keep taking the tablets.

:-)

I di buy some local honey, rather expensive at £3.50 per jar, but it
didn't have enough effect to make me pay that price again.

The expense depends on the size of the jar. £3.50 for 3/4 lb seems to be
more or less standard up here. But in shops 'local' honey is much more.
'Local' seems to mean anything within a 50 mile radius - and some of that, I
know, isn't always produced in that area.

Terry sells his at about £1.50 to friends, and £1.75 to shops, and all
proceeds go to the Methodist church where he is a lay preacher and a very
central figure. At his golden wedding celebration we had a choice of
red or white grape juice, but her other brother Eric and I managed to
sneak out for a pint. :-)

Oh! You little tinker you!!

At our golden wedding anything anyone wants will be available. Same at my
funeral.

Mary