Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,sci.bio.botany
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default What kind of tree is this (link)? Is this fruit edible?

"Malcolm Manners" wrote in message
D. Staples wrote:
"Malcolm Manners" wrote in message

This thread may have gone on long enough, but I do agree with David and
Monique -- almost certainly Camellia, and most likely C. japonica (the
leaves look too broad to be C. sasanqua to me). And in Columbia SC, the
climate is right.

Leaf is wrong, waxy smooth on the subject, dull on the Camellia.

Camellia japonica leaves are extremely shiny. Always. Exactly like
these.

I'm also sure it's a camellia.