Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default New Reader/Poster

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Gordon H" wrote

I di buy some local honey, rather expensive at £3.50 per jar, but it
didn't have enough effect to make me pay that price again.

The expense depends on the size of the jar. £3.50 for 3/4 lb seems to be
more or less standard up here. But in shops 'local' honey is much more.
'Local' seems to mean anything within a 50 mile radius - and some of that, I
know, isn't always produced in that area.

I bought mine from the lady who keeps the bees, and sells at her door,
about 4 miles from here as the bee flies. It was a 1lb jar,
translating from the metric.

At his golden wedding celebration we had a choice of
red or white grape juice, but her other brother Eric and I managed to
sneak out for a pint. :-)

Oh! You little tinker you!!
At our golden wedding anything anyone wants will be available. Same at my
funeral.

At my funeral, my elder daughter will ensure that the wine flows freely.
She told me so when I said I wanted everyone to have a good time!
--
Gordon H