Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't worry about the nest, the wasps will die off in a couple of months or
so and the nest won't be re-occupied. If you try to kill the wasps or dig
out the nest while it's still occupied you're asking for trouble.

The council pest control man told me all that after he'd killed the
wasps in a corner of our loft. I called him because I was painting
the eaves of the house and they were buzzing in and out of a gap in the
woodwork as I worked. I'm not scared of wasps but the top of a
ladder is no place to be when they are constantly passing your head.!
--
Gordon H