Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Questions On A Phalaeonopsis Orchid

Hello,

First, I should admit that I know nothing about orchids, but would like to
learn.

I bought an inexpensive orchid in a small pot for an anniv. gift for wife.
Quite cheap, and very pretty.
Called a "Phalaeonopsis Orchid" according to the little tag on it. (yellow
color).

Has 4 flowers, 2 of which look like they are now dyeing.
Have had about a month. On kitchen table, getting some indirect light thru
kitchen window, and also about 10 hrs/day of light from a hanging overhead
table light.

Questions:

a. how long can one reasonably expect it to last ?

b. Should i cut off the two bad flowers ?

c. If I do, will new flowers come ?

etc.

BTW:
Are these considered an Annual Or A Perinneal ?
Are all orchgids one-or-the-other ?

Thanks,
Bob