Old 07-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Mark Prout

Default Top 10 species?

Several years ago when I first began to grow orchids, somebody published a
list created by poll of growers/vendors, I'm not sure which, of the Top 10
orchid species. The criteria, which made the list particularly useful for a
beginner, were easy-to-grow (probably for the home or garden rather than
greenhouse) in temperate climates, floriferousness, aroma, general interest
(peculiarities). The only species from that list that I recall are
Brassavola nodosa and Neofinetia falcata, and that's because the list led me
to acquire those species.

Does anybody recall that list? Where I might find it now?

Or better yet, would the inmates here care to exchange our own ideas on top
10 orchid species? What are your favorites?