Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Gordon H" wrote
wasps

They're not interested in you though, unless you disturb the nest or touch
one.
Mary

The one my wife sat on got a bit peevish and stung her bum!
I saw it on the chair and shouted too late.

Any insect perceives pain as a threat to its integrity and attempts to
defend itself. If someone sat on me I'd like to have some way of
retaliating.

The first time I was stung by a wasp it was on my bum. I looked in The
Readers Digest Book of First Aid, Home Remedies, or somesuch and read that I
must hold the affected part under cold running water.

That book lost all credibility so it was dumped.

Mary
--
Gordon H