Old 11-07-2008, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bee sting allergy

"Mary Fisher" wrote

It's not sensible to have hives on allotments for various reasons -
including that of vandalism and theft.

Mary, before I went to this allotment site one of the gardeners did keep
bees there and I'm told the crops of things that depend on pollination, like
Runner Beans, increased enormously. This site does not appear to suffer from
vandalism and there is only crops to steal, nobody keeps tools on their
plots much. So what other reasons are there for not having bees on the site.
Being the Rep for the site I need to be able to form a considered opinion.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden