Old 11-07-2008, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

The first time I was stung by a wasp it was on my bum. I looked in The
Readers Digest Book of First Aid, Home Remedies, or somesuch and read that I
must hold the affected part under cold running water.

That book lost all credibility so it was dumped.

Mary

My dad used to take Readers Digest at one time, but the only feature I
always enjoyed was: It pays to increase your word power".

He never missed "Gardeners Question Time" on the radio, yet I don't
recollect him ever doing anything other than cut the grass. ;-)
--
Gordon H