Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Kathryn Selfe Kathryn Selfe is offline
Registered User

Hi

There are certain advantages to having two smaller greenhouses as pest control is a lot easier and if you grow tomatoes not all plants will grow well with them. Also there are a lot of plants that with fleece protection will overwinter in a cold greenhouse even a lot of the tropical plants we grow are happy to minus 15.

best regards

kathryn at www.carreglefn-nurseries.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smithers View Post
Currently I have two greenhouses each 8' x 6' next to each other.

One is cold and I keep the other frost free (or just above).

I am considering whether to replace them with one large house say 14' x 9'.

This way I could heat the whole space. Would I get more in a large house
than two small?

They are standing on a hard base and I put grow bags in for tomatoes etc
in the summer and have staging on one side.

I would also like to have a greenhouse vine.

thoughts?

thanks

dan