Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default HELP With Japenese Beetles!

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:20:09 -0500, "Bonnie" wrote:

Can anyone give me some natural ideas for my blueberries and raspberries
that are being eaten by the tons of beetles that are here! We had gotten
beetle traps and placed them away from the plants but I think we drew all
the neighbors beetles also! I know we could spray but I wanted to avoid that
because we also raise bees and also pick and eat when we are outside! If
anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful!!
Bonnie

Milky Spore. It is a natural biological control of the Japanese
Beetle grub. MS is not an instant solution as it takes some time for
it to inoculate your soil. MS attacks the grubs and then reproduces a
gazillion times to inoculate.

I had the same problem with JB eating my raspberries until I
inoculated my entire property (3 acres) with MS. Problem solved.

Not only are the JBs gone but so are problems with moles, skunks or
any other grub eating critters.

John