Old 12-07-2008, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default What kind of tree is this (link)? Is this fruit edible?

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
[snipped all responded to previously]

writes:

That fruit almost loooks like mangosteen.

Hmmm. Considering mangosteen trees only grow near the equator and are
quite temperature sensitive, it likely is not.

I think that Sheldon might have had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he
suggested a mangosteen. The pic of the fruit was so obvioulsy not a
mangosteen that he had to be pulling our legs.