Old 07-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Working with Pipe

I would not suggest *any*thing smaller than 3"; the water flow is ONE thing,
but the ability not to clog is quite another, especially when you start
dealing with lengths longer than a few feet. Better to work a little harder
now, while you're doing it from scratch, than to kick yourself in the butt
later when you're trying to unclog pipe . . . From what I understand of your
design, you don't have any shut-off valves between the pond and your veggie
filter. If you did, you could drain the veggie filter, then open the valve
and SWOOOSH most clogs out as the water tries to equalize. But it's still a
bad idea: the OD of the pipe isn't THAT much (well, yes it is, but you'll be
happier later!)

Just my opinion . . . Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
I was originally planning on using 4 inch pipe for Shareholders Pond, but
now that I am 4 feet under ground and digging in concrete like clay, I am
revisiting that thought. I am seriously considering going with 2 inch pipe
or maybe two 2 inch pipes for my bottom drain. I realize 2 inch pipe + 2
inch pipe does not equal 4 inch pipe. I am thinking working with 2 inch

pipe
instead of 4 could make life easier.

Any thoughts?

--