Old 07-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Bob

Default Fertilizing near pond- problems?

MC wrote:

I have plants around my pond in soil. I am wondering if fertilizing
them could be harmful to my Koi. My pond has a flat, level edge rather
than a sloped edge, so it would be hard for the fertilizer to make its
way into the pond. However, I could see in a very heavy rain with wind
it could get in there. Will it harm my fish or just cause an algae
bloom?

Hi MC, I actually put miracle grow in my water about every 2 month to
fertilize my plants and have never had any problems with my KOI that
range from 8-15 inches in length.

Bob