Old 12-07-2008, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

I'm saddened by the urge to kill something which is a temporary
inconvenience.

The same could apply to some people ...

Mary

8-)
I share you reluctance to kill things, but can I ask, in a light-hearted
way, what is the use of a wasp?

Um, I've already said that they kill a large number of what we'd call pests
and they help other creatures deal with many animal and bird corpses which
might otherwise cause us offence - some of those would also be what we'd
call pests.

Do they pollinate?

Only occasionally, in passing as it were.

Seriously though, when I'm asked that question (which I am, very often) I
sometimes respond, "What is the use of a human?"

Mary