Old 12-07-2008, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Bee sting allergy

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| I'm not saying you weren't stung but the colour blue is irrelevant.
|
| I've heard beekeepers say that red makes them angry ... :-)

My understanding is that they are colour-blind, though sensitive to
a different range of the spectrum to us.

And any beekeepers whose clothes get a lot of venom on them needs
to learn how to handle bees. Bees die when they sting, and that
means a lot of dead bees and a disturbed hive.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.