Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kevin Cherkauer Kevin Cherkauer is offline

Default hydrangeas

You can prune them like a hedge to keep them smaller. They are incredibly
vigorous growers, at least around here (Oregon Willamette Valley). I do this
in the very late winter. There's one on the north side of my house that I
cut back a foot or more at the end of every winter. It is still full of
blooms in the summer (and has grown back to the size it was before I pruned
it).

Utopia in Decay
http://home.comcast.net/~kevin.cherkauer/site

Kevin Cherkauer

"readandpost" wrote in message
can i buy hydrangeas, and keep them in a more compact form?
if i cut them down, do i do this in the spring?
has anyone tried this successfully?

thanks,
rosie