Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The first time I was stung by a wasp it was on my bum. I looked in The
Readers Digest Book of First Aid, Home Remedies, or somesuch and read
that I
must hold the affected part under cold running water.

That book lost all credibility so it was dumped.

Hmmm. The best remedy for a wasp or hornet sting is IME to cut an onion
across and rub the stung part with it.

Anything acid has a neutralising effect, too, 'cos a wasp orr hornet
sting is alkaline.

BUT

Don't do that for a bee sting, which is acid.

Bicarbonate of soda, washing soda are favourites. The remedy used to be
blue-bag, but when was the last time you saw a blue-bag?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig