Old 12-07-2008, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Bee sting allergy

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| I'm not saying you weren't stung but the colour blue is irrelevant.
|
| I've heard beekeepers say that red makes them angry ... :-)

My understanding is that they are colour-blind, though sensitive to
a different range of the spectrum to us.

Colour blind in our terms. They don't see the red end of the spectrum but
they do see the uv end.

And any beekeepers whose clothes get a lot of venom on them needs
to learn how to handle bees. Bees die when they sting, and that
means a lot of dead bees and a disturbed hive.

I couldn't agree more.

Make the most of it :-)

Mary