Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Banana skins - compostible?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Emery Davis" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Cat(h)" wrote in message
On Jul 10, 5:59 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

[]
I haven't made bread in quite some time - more's the pity, as it is
quite lovely. I particularly like making Irish brown soda bread. As
soon as my new kitchen is in, I must go back to my old good habits.

Mary,

Could I trouble you for the recipe for the Irish bread? My mother used to
make it regularly, but I've never found the right recipe in the many books
of hand written ones she left... Maybe you've got it!

I don't make soda bread, somone else mentioned it. We don't like it here.
Well, that is, none of the ones we've tried. I once (twenty years ago at
least) had a memorable meal at the Deer Park near Antrim, with sea food, the
wheaten soda bread there was excellent, never had any like it though.

Well, thanks for the note, and I tracked down the attribution. It was
Cat(h),
so, Cathy, may I trouble you for this recipe? My thanks in advance...

-E