Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default What ya planting?

Raleighgirl wrote:

What a beautiful day it was to get out and plant! We planted a
variegated Wegelia, Sedum, and started a little Thyme rock garden
area. I'm waiting for the Gardner's Club sale this week to begin
working on a new huge butterfly garden area. I planted another
Redbud Pussywillow (my favorite tree!) to fill in a spot where we
lost a tree during the ice storm.

What's everyone else planting or doing in your garden these days?

I repotted a dwarf fig and a hibiscus, put the chile pepper plants
(hungarian hot and peruvian purple) in the vegetable bed, some thyme and
dill in the herb garden, moved all the plants that were being housed in
the house during the winter back outside, planted some thai and sweet
basil in pots, replaced a gardenia that got killed during the December
ice storm, put up the hummingbird feeder, cleaned out the other feeders,
put down some patio stones to enlarge the patio, planted a poor
"orphaned" rose I found at Lowes on Saturday and pulled lots of
chickweed out of the front flower bed. Oh yeah, did I mention I spent
all day Saturday and Sunday in the yard? *grin* Wow, it felt good!

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu