Old 12-07-2008, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Gordon H" wrote in message

I share you reluctance to kill things, but can I ask, in a light-hearted
way, what is the use of a wasp?

Um, I've already said that they kill a large number of what we'd call pests

Goes to sit in naughty chair

and they help other creatures deal with many animal and bird corpses which
might otherwise cause us offence - some of those would also be what we'd
call pests.

Do they pollinate?

Only occasionally, in passing as it were.

Seriously though, when I'm asked that question (which I am, very often) I
sometimes respond, "What is the use of a human?"
Mary

Well, they either fertilise the land (eventually), or in my case I will
be added to the gravel paths along my favourite local hill walk, which
is where my wife's ashes were spread.
Helps to maintain the path.
--
Gordon H