Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default garden decor lust

D Kat wrote:

be careful of what you wish for! I have always wanted a woodchipper - got
one - had great fun for a year and a month ago in a moment of distraction
almost lost a hand. Got the pin out of the ring finger today - have nine
months before things are back to 'normal'.

Ouch. Though it sounds like despite the pain you went through, it could
have been far worse. Were you wearing a ring on that finger at the time?
They seem like such harmless things, but I've heard some horrible stories
about them getting caught in machinery. (Which reminds me, I took mine off
_last_ weekend for this reason, and I never have put it back on...)
--
derek