Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Chicken Manure. Is it safe?

Paul D.Smith wrote in message
Interesting. I always thought from my history lessons that cholera

takes no
account of social or economic backgrounds. The "proof" for this was

that in
the last great epidemics in London, both poor and wealthy areas were

equally
affected or spared, the differenciator being where their water supply

(and
therefore infection or not) came from.

Current treatment of Cholera seems mainly to be replacement of the fluid
loss, which is what kills. The disease is easily shrugged off if you do
not get dehydrated. So yes, it would attack everywhere, and at that time
there would be no replacement that was not itself contaminated with the
disease. The 'magic mixture' is nothing more that water with salt and
glucose added. often given as an IV drip in hospitals, but can easily be
made from your kitchen should you ever need to treat someone.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk