Old 13-07-2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default garden decor lust

D Kat wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

If you need exercise why in the
world do you use obnoxious, noise/air polluting leaf blowers rather than
using a rake; use a rider lawn mower rather than a hand pushed one; a
power saw when
a nice limb saw will do just as well? I can certainly understand a rider
mower when you have 5 acres to mow (though I don't understand having 5
acres to mow) but seriously - my neighbor has a lawn that measured 80'X20'
and he tools around it on a Deer mower.

I'm using a scythe these days - and loving it. :-) Now, my property isn't
conducive to a riding mower, but I suppose I could have bought a gas mower.

Ok, enough soap boxing...

I think you earned the right, studying at the School of Hard Knocks.

Enjoy - be safe. Donna

--
derek