Old 13-07-2008, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Bosch Quiet Shredders OK for Mixed Waste?

In message , Gordon H
wrote
In message , Larry Stoter
writes

The best thing with a shredder is the reduction in volume - large
cardboard boxes, heaps of prunings, etc disappear into a small heap when
shredded!

That is the basic ingredient of my compost.

With large cardboard boxes I fold them flat and let them 'weather' in
the garden for a few months. After this period, and after some rain.,
it's easy to remove any plastic packing tape and/or staples. I then run
my petrol rotary lawn mower over them to shed into small pieces for the
compost heap.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com