Old 13-07-2008, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Neem oil as a repellant

In article ,
"Zootal" wrote:

I have only used it twice but it seemed to clear up a pretty bad
infestation of leaf miners on my beans and broccoli.

Chris

I guess I'll find out very soon if it does any good. I have a severe flea
beetle and cucumber beetle infestation that I have not yet been able to get
under control. Garlic spray? Phhht. Insecticidal soap? Great contact
insecticide, doesn't stop more from coming back the next day. Coffee
grounds, diatamaceous, etc. No real help. At this rate, I'll soon have no
cucumbers or beans left, and if there is no improvement by this time next
week, I go for the sevin and nuke the little *******s (along with everything
else, unfortunately)...or just give up on beans and cukes...

On the bright side, I have tomatoes and squash that are exploding out of the
ground. They are very happy this year.

Look into Pyrethrum.

Sometimes you can get it mixed with rotenone. Rotenone is a possible
nasty poison. The two come dissolved in xylene a human carcinogen.
Worst choice I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethrum

I use 1600 X-clude on occasion in my house .

First I try to provide no reason to come in AKA no food just Sugar and a
bit of boric acid powder.

http://www.ghorganics.com/XClude1600.html

Bill

--