Old 13-07-2008, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default watermelon, pepper and tomato questions.

On Jul 13, 12:38*am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Hi,

New here *hope this forum is friendly and not too much spammers and in-
fighting.

My watermelons aren't growing. *While my cucumbers have grown four or
five feets and are starting to produce a few cukes, my watemelon
plants have only grown to about 5 inches high. *They were about the
same size when I bought them about a month ago. *Is this normal?

One of my tomatoe plants has produced six toamtoes and no more flowers
in sight, while the rest (about 6 more plants of meaty and cherry
tomatoes) are even flowering. *They are all about 1-1/2 foot to 3-1/2
feet high.

One of my pepper plants (red bell) have started to flower and produced
two peppers then stopped flowering. *The other peppers, Thai chili and
green bell peppers aren't flowering at all. *All are about 1-2 feet
high. *Looks healthy enough, just noty flowering. *All bought together
from Lowe's about a month ago.

All of my plants started out from Lowe's about 4-5 inches high. *Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Wil

Where are you? What kind of soil do you have (age of garden, etc. etc.)?
Just off the top of my head, it sounds like you don't have enough heat
but your answers should resolve that hypothesis.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Barshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&ref=patrick.nethttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aEo59c7zU&feature=related- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for your reply Billy. I'm in DC. My plants are in 5 gallon
buckets with combo top soil and dirt from the ground.

Thanks,
Wil