Old 13-07-2008, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

I've nver heard of using aPiriton to treat nettle stings. You need a dock
leaf :-)

At one time I was on daily antihistamine for a medical condition. Nettle
stings were much less of a problem during that time.

I don't think dock does anything - it's simply the rubbing that helps.

Probably - and the cooling :-)

My Dad explained to me about dock leaves, he said that there were always
dock leaves growing near nettles so that you could treat the stings.

Wise man, my Dad, he knew how to convince little girls :-)

Gave up docks long ago.

Never been in one :-)

Well, only the maritime type.

Mary