Old 13-07-2008, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Don't mention the war.......

The message
from K contains these words:
Mary Fisher writes

I've nver heard of using aPiriton to treat nettle stings. You need a dock
leaf :-)

At one time I was on daily antihistamine for a medical condition. Nettle
stings were much less of a problem during that time.

I don't think dock does anything - it's simply the rubbing that helps.
Gave up docks long ago.

Beg to differ.

And I still use them if the nettle is particularly virulent. I'm
informed that after nettles have been cut down or damaged, the new
growth is a lot more stingy. (not stingy...)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig